Zacky Vengeance is the rhythm guitarist and back up vocals for the band Avenged Sevenfold. Vengeance has played guitar since he was thirteen years old, and is self taught. He can play the guitar with both hands. Vengeance has been sponsored by Schecter Guitar Research since 2004, and has custom S-1 models out. He uses Seymour Duncan Pickups in all of his guitars. Vengeance released a clothing line called “Zacky V. Presents…”. The current design features the popular “Vengeance University” logo, which Zacky designed himself. The line currently features t-shirts and belt buckles, featuring his trademark “Est. 6661” tagline on it.
If you were wondering, Zacky does a lot more than design cool clothes. He provides some sweet shredding rythym guitar in Avenged Sevenfold. His rig is minimal but powerful.
Let’s look at what gear and equipment has been seen in Avenged Sevenfold’s Zacky Vengeance’s Guitar Rig.
– Schecter Zacky Vengeance Blade (new in 2009)
– Schecter Zacky Vengeance Custom model guitar
– Schecter S-1
– Schecter S-1 Elite
– Schecter Zacky Vengeance Mirror guitar
– Schecter S-1 Bada Bling
– Schecter Vengeance Standard
– Schecter Custom “Gynecologist” White w/ Blood Splatter S-1 Elite
– Schecter Custom “Gynecologist” Black w/ Blood Splatter S-1 Elite
– Zacky also uses a number of other custom S-1 models.
– Zacky has used Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB Humbuckers, in addition to other Seymour Duncan pickups (Invader..)
– In 2009, Zacky has been seen playing Fender Telecasters on stage in addition to his other guitars. He has been seen with a white/creme colored telecaster that has two humbucker pickups and a maple neck, and also with what looks like a 52 reissue Fender Telecaster in Butterscotch blonde.
Amps and Cabinets
– Jet City JCA100H amplifier (2011) – the Jet City site says he uses no Overdrive pedals with this amp
– Marshall JVM205H – 50 watt model (2010)
In February 2009 Guitar World mag, Zacky and Syn said they got endorsed by Marshall and are now using the JCM800 heads
– Marshall JCM800 head
– Marshall 1960B 4×12 cab
– Bogner Ubershall and Caveman Head and Bogner Uberkab 4×12 Cabinet
– Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head and Mesa Triple Recto Cab
– Line 6 Tonecore Constrictor
– Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler
– Seymour Duncan SFX-01 Pickup Booster
– Voodoo Lab GCX Audio Switcher
– Line 6 PODxt Pro
– Ebtech Hum Eliminator
– Whirlwind AB-8 Audio Switcher
– Shure U4 Wireless Systems
– MXR Zakk Wylde Black Label Chorus